[aklug] Re: Perl 5 OOP

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Wed Jan 06 2010 - 16:05:58 AKST

On Wednesday 06 January 2010, barsalou elucidated thus:
> Quoting "Joshua J. Kugler" <joshua@eeinternet.com>:
> > I've never used Moose, so can't comment
> > there, but I know that OOP in Perl is often referred to as a
> > "bolt-on" vs. the "built in" that you'll see in Python, Java, etc.
>
> Just wanted to fix the last line above......"bolt-on" vs. the "built
> =20 in" that you'll see in Python, Java, Ruby, etc.
>
> I know that you weren't trying to slight Ruby, but I think it can be
> =20 considered mainstream at this point.

Oh, no worries. That "etc" included other languages for sure. I've
never used Ruby (except for some tinkering with our Redmine install),
so it wasn't at the forefront of my thought process. :)

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x14EA086E