[aklug] Re: Perl 5 OOP

From: Josh Rhoades <kaiden11@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 06 2010 - 16:05:32 AKST

I think I agree on this one, Perl's object handling is horrible. And
like others, I usually use Perl in a strictly imperative way.

*cough*

However. Though it's totally just a hack in Perl's symbol table, and
all you're *really* doing is passing "self" hash pointers to static
functions, it is sometimes nice to be able to store state and function
on an object after figuring out the procedural parts to it. Better
than storing everything in the global scope, I suppose.