[aklug] Re: 3G news

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Mon Dec 21 2009 - 12:43:08 AKST

On Sunday 20 December 2009, Marc Grober said something like:
> One of the carriers will have to offer it for under $300 for it to
> have any market penetration....
>
> Meanwhile after a week of Meg plus my iPhone is down to 60kbits-
> arrgghhhhh!
>
> On Dec 20, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
wrote:
> > I want the Nokia N900. I'm assuming that's what you're talking
> > about. Looks cool but others are talking about the Android phones.
> > I don't think many people know about the N900. I would be surprised
> > if it was slower.
> >
> > If I had $700 laying around I would have one by now...

No carrier will offer it, most likely. Carriers view phones like the
N900 as too open. They can't lock it down to confine you to their idea
of what their network should be used for.

But Damien is right: if I had an extra $700, that would certainly be a
cool phone to have.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com