[aklug] Re: I find this statement a bit worrisome

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 20:40:18 AKST

Quoting "Aaron A." <akbeancounter@yahoo.com>:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Shane Spencer wrote:
>
>>> There are perfectly good,
>>> perfectly legal, reasons for being a paranoid in our society, and our
>>> universe.
>
> To which Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org> said:
>
>> Sure, like preventing identity theft, or keeping the pedophiles from know=
ing
>> what my daughter's schedule and excursions are, or having the crooks figu=
re
>> out what my vacation schedule is so they can sack the house while we're
>> gone... It shouldn't take a good deal of imagination to figure out a
>> million mundane and trivial facts that could be used against you.
>
> That's basically what I was thinking. A relative of mine had to go =20
> into hiding for several years to avoid somebody (I won't go into =20
> detail, but it's kinda like the "belligerent ex-boyfriend" plotline =20
> from so many Lifetime Original Movies.) She certainly had a =20
> legitimate reason to cover her tracks, even though she was the =20
> injured party. Whatever inroads we leave for government agencies to =20
> snoop through our data could easily be misused, either by those =20
> agencies or by others.

As a friend of mine once told me.....just because your paranoid, Mike, =20
doesn't mean they aren't after you. :)

All kidding aside, to some, these arguments are from crazies.....I =20
count myself amongst those crazies. There are plenty of good reasons =20
to keep private information private.

These are just some of the obvious few.

Mike B.