[aklug] Re: I find this statement a bit worrisome

From: Aaron A. <akbeancounter@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 16:52:07 AKST

To which Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org> said:

> Sure, like preventing identity theft, or keeping the pedophiles from knowing
> what my daughter's schedule and excursions are, or having the crooks figure
> out what my vacation schedule is so they can sack the house while we're
> gone... It shouldn't take a good deal of imagination to figure out a
> million mundane and trivial facts that could be used against you.

That's basically what I was thinking. A relative of mine had to go into hiding for several years to avoid somebody (I won't go into detail, but it's kinda like the "belligerent ex-boyfriend" plotline from so many Lifetime Original Movies.) She certainly had a legitimate reason to cover her tracks, even though she was the injured party. Whatever inroads we leave for government agencies to snoop through our data could easily be misused, either by those agencies or by others.

--
Aaron A.
akbeancounter@yahoo.com