[aklug] Re: Recommended listening

From: adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 12:23:48 AKST

I actually saw this video right around the time the whole Tiger Woods
crash thing occurred, and the video (which I saved from youtube) is
pretty instructive. There's essentially nothing to be gained from
talking from the po-po (or five-oh) if they're just going to take
whatever you say, or whatever you infer via your words, against you.

Keep that tin foil hat perched properly, fellas! You don't want ANYBODY
reading your thoughts!

barsalou wrote:
> If you want a real good lesson on the 5th amendment, watch this video:
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865#
>
> Although this goes off topic from the earlier discussion of right to
> privacy, I think it's an interesting conversation that supports Art
> position with regard to his rightful paranoia regarding what the
> government can and will do.
>
> The most interesting thing to me about this is that after
> conversations with random people, most everyone one of them said that
> they would consider anyone that claimed the 5th to be guilty.....that
> is a real bummer, but seems to be our current reality.
>
> There is a companion video that goes with it.
>
> Love to hear feedback from people on this.
>
> Mike B.

Adam