[aklug] Also surprising

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 11:01:30 AKST

I saw this article on slashdot as well:

http://it.slashdot.org/story/09/12/07/2322235/WPA-PSK-Cracking-As-a-Service

The interesting parts of this to me are two fold:

  - Do I want to be submitting my passwords to a service that might
capture them and add them to the "dictionary"?

  - The potentially reduces the whole idea that it would take someone
too long to crack a password with a certain key strength argument.

I'm not an expert in this area, so my perceptions of the last issue
may be flawed.

Mike B.