[aklug] Re: Google DNS

From: michael huff <mphuff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 01:34:01 AKST

I wouldn't call GCI's DNS servers 'reliable'. In fact -it's gotten to the
point where the first thing I do on installing an OS is point the dns lookup
settings over to OpenDNS, and I've been recommending friends do that too.
Interesting of google though, now not only do they have their user's web
history, documents, search and email histories --but now they can even see
what websites they look up. That's got to be worth a pretty penny for them!

So...yeah. I think I'm gonna stick with opendns on this one (for the same
reasons I have my web history turned off. Eventually I gotta get off my tail
and find a better alternative to google docs one of these days, too).

thanks

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Scott A. Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com