[aklug] Google DNS

From: Scott A. Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 23:39:15 AKST

For those that haven't heard yet, Google has launched a free, public
DNS resolver service (see
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/183638/google_launches_alternative_dns_resolver.html).
 I thought this was great as I can finally specify something other
than the GCI DNS servers that are reliable and free. Best, and
probably the least expected part is (and sorry GCI, this is where you
lost some respect from me) the servers actually return NXDOMAIN when
applicable! Nope, the DNS servers don't just redirect you to a Google
search page.

IP addresses are super easy to remember as well - 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4.

Cheers,

Scott

--
Scott A. Johnson