[aklug] 220v 50hz inverter???

From: Grant Stockly <grant@stockly.com>
Date: Fri Nov 20 2009 - 20:20:57 AKST

Sorry for the off topic message. I didn't know where else to find
something weird like this. : )

Does anyone in Anchorage have a 220v 50hz power source or car
inverter that I can plug a 7w light bulb into? Hopefully it has a
European plug on it?

I am making a Christmas present for someone living in Asia. I
couldn't find a C7 red "twinkle" light for 220v, so I'm hoping that a
220v-110v step down transformer will work properly. I'm concerned
about the blinking part of the bulb. I have no idea how it works,
but I can't imagine it is more complicated than a metal spring that
heats up. I don't know how the 50hz could impact it.

I just don't want it to arrive in Korea and find out that it doesn't
blink, or that it burns out. : )

If I have to buy an inverter, that's fine. I don't know where to get one.

Thanks,
Grant