[aklug] Re: HIJACKED THREAD! HA HA HA! [was Re: hosted distros]

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 09 2009 - 20:13:43 AKST

That was something that impressed me when I was using Gentoo. I'm still
impressed that with how often I'm attempting to figure out how to do
something or deal with something, and my google searches lead me to some
Gentoo documentation where someone has what amounts to step-by-step for
it.

Gentoo is still my fave even though I'm currently using Fedora. The time
involved to keep everything up was just too much for me. I think
everything would have been good once I got it layed out and set up, but
getting there on a box I was trying to use productively ... wasn't
happening. I definitely learned more about Linux using Gentoo than any
other one I've tried. With the other distros I've tried, I feel like I'm
learning more about Fedora or Debian (yes, I've tried it) or Slackware
or ... or ... than actually about Linux.