[aklug] Re: mindtouch

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Nov 05 2009 - 10:06:48 AKST

Been using dekiwiki for some years now. i built the ASD tech BRT wiki
on it (http://asdrech.wik.is) - wik.is is a wiki domain that Aaron
Fulkerson et al rushed to open at my request when another open wiki
space folded and left hundreds of wikis stranded. It still offers the
opengarden version of dekiwiki free.

The Dearborn school district makes great use of dekiwiki as do many
others, but there are, as with everything, some downsides. Install can
be a bear and is best attempted as vm install, which in part addressed
limitations imposed be reliance on
Mono.

It has great features once up and running. It is also microsoftish, so
ms devotees feel comfortable. If it were available for straight LAMP
this would be a no brainer must install...