[aklug] Re: UML/VServer/OpenVZ Love

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Mon Nov 02 2009 - 18:45:34 AKST

* Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com> [2009-11-01 19:02 -0500]:
> All free.. It's nice being able to boot 8 test nodes on a P4 laptop
> without running out of horsepower. On modern hardware you can easily
> run 200+ OpenVZ instances.
For a while I ran my VPS on an OpenVZ instance, and hacked together a
script to determine the total used memory from within the instance [1].

[1]: http://wiki.quantact.com/index.php/OpenVZ_Intro

I've since moved on to using a Xen VPS, but perhaps you or someone else
will find it useful.

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]