[aklug] Ubuntu MySQL package

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Sun Nov 01 2009 - 10:33:45 AKST

I uninstalled mysql-server from my ubuntu server. I figured if I start with a fresh install I could fix some problems I was having. No luck. It seems the mysql packages in Ubuntu/Debian are broken. When I install mysql-server it doesn't install the config files. I tried the following

apt-get --purge remove mysql-server
apt-get clean
apt-get install mysql-server

aptitude --purge remove mysql-server mysql-server-5.0
aptitude install mysql-server

Using aptitude gives me a better result but there's no my.cnf file. Does anyone know what's going on here? I'm dead in the water until I figure this out.

--
Ubuntu User
Open Source Evangelist