[aklug] Re: Automatic unsubscribe?

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Wed Sep 30 2009 - 16:56:44 AKDT

* Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com> [2009-09-29 23:23 -0500]:
> I haven't heard of unsubscribe issues lately, but at one time if the
> listserver got notified of email bounces, then it would unsubscribe
> you.
>
> I'm under the impression this is kind of a standard thing with
> listservers for when email address go away with canceled accounts and
> such. Is it possible your mailserver was unreachable for period of
> time around then?

I don't *think* so, but there may have been one. The farthest back my
logs go is around one month, so I can't tell.

Hrm... if it happens again I'll try to catch it more quickly and make
sure to document any bounces... I may have to tweak my logging.

Does anyone know if bouncing one message will do it, or if multiple
messages must have been bounced?

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]