[aklug] Re: Compiling the kernel for the Dell Mini 10v

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Sun Sep 27 2009 - 02:48:26 AKDT

Most modern distro configs specify the HZ as well as the NO_HZ config
variable. Chances are changing from 1000 to 300 will do nothing since
NO_HZ talkes precedence AFAIK.

There's lots of good info on the webs on CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE
and the benefits it offers many targets. The kernel I'm using doesn't
enable it because it's expected to run on systems with P4 like chips
with a large cache. I don't know how large the executable is once
loaded, but the compressed kernel image is only 3.4M.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Christopher Howard