[aklug] Re: dkms

From: Ankorite <ankorite@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 19 2009 - 20:14:59 AKDT

Hello everyone long time lurker here...
I use dkms in ubuntu to compile my nvidia cards modules for me when a new
kernel comes down the pipe so I am not stuck without a working gui after
upgrading. Not that fixing it on command line is that hard it is just an
extra step that I don't need to take. Now that I think of it I also have my
Virtualbox kernel drivers recompile through dkms after an upgrade too.
Adding custom dkms source trees is fairly straightforward and is easy to
maintain IMHO. Ok back to lurking.....
Ank