[aklug] Re: Basic Linux information

From: <daddoo@acetylene-computing.com>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 00:05:17 AKDT

Gentlemen I've read this thread with total interest and as a user that =20
had trouble when I sat down to a window computer, and have a son that =20
is a hacker and a linux enthusiast, when he set me up with a linux =20
system on my computer ( KDE, Slackware to start) then to Gnome, and =20
now to Gnome Ubuntu, and all this I know because he told me. I can =20
now use my search and synaptic systems but I still use my son as a =20
resource but now it'll be by long distance and Skype as he's going to =20
Cal. for a job. My point to this is I am for the freeware and =20
reliability of Linux. I'll never be a hacker or probably even a tech. =20
but I'll enjoy the benefits of this OS.
Art Brown Sr.