[aklug] Re: Netbook Purchase

From: Kevin Browning <psksb1@uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Sun Sep 13 2009 - 20:09:33 AKDT

I would recommend the Aspire One. I've purchased 6 Aspire One for work and they seem to be good. They all run XP but I'm sure linux will run great on em. Down side to netbooks is no cdrom. The new style Aspire One keyboard is great. Costco is probably the best price locally. I can't really comment on the noise level because the only time I work with them is in my office and anything seems quieter then the servers and switches I have in my office.
Kevin

> Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 19:04:40 -0800
> From: carbonfreeze@gmail.com
> Subject: [aklug] Re: Netbook Purchase
> To: aklug@aklug.org
>
> Stay away from the asus eepc, the fan tends to get stuck due to poor
> chassis design and overheat. It also feels cheaper than the newer aspire
> one.
>

> On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:23:32 -0800
> Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us> wrote:

> > ---------

Bing brings you health info from trusted sources. Try it now!