[aklug] Re: Dual Screen Laptop

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Fri Aug 28 2009 - 21:48:17 AKDT

Great concept - if it could be done under 9 pounds.

As much as I want to support an Alaskan company, their front page
gives me pause. Two points:

1. The splash page is an obvious Photoshop or CGI of the product.

2. The last blog (7/15 entry) says a Q490 release. How can technical
specs not be available for something that they intend to release Q409?
 Manufacturing lead time would require these things to be pretty much
sorted out by now. This smells like an undisclosed delay, or at the
very least stale web content - neither of which which makes me want to
trust them.

Neither of these things make for a high Real Product Quotient score.

My $.02 to them: work on shedding the vaporware feel, and keep the
content fresh.

Royce