[aklug] Re: Faxing and cell phones

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Aug 20 2009 - 07:17:41 AKDT

That is the only real issue (no local numbers) but if you have to gave
fax the cost when you figure paper, equipment, DIDs, etc I would guess
it would be pretty much a wash and your clients can walk the paper in
to you if $5 is a deal breaker. ;=}. I think 800 numbers have
essentially run out so they are at a premium...... Fifteen years ago
the service would have included a free 800 number, no extra fee.
Vsifax allowed you to route based on # and I suppose outfits like fax.com
  could give everyone same 800 number but why bother if they are
making money as it is?