[aklug] Re: Looking for a small ARM computer

From: Lee <lee@afabco.org>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 08:00:54 AKDT

not necessarily ARM, but I've had decent luck using openwrt to repurpose the wireless
routers (and their relatives) that have USB ports on them. I've plugged FTDI USB-to-
serial adapters into them for serial comm and it's worked well. Never used unattended
longterm socat in them though.

Something else that I'm looking at for 'general purpose' use like this is the Ubiquity
Routerstations and Rounterstation Pro's.

http://www.ubnt.com/products/rs.php

I'm actually holding out for the Routerstation Pro (to be released Real Soon Now)

http://www.ubnt.com/products/rspro.php

But once again, will have to use USB-to-RS232 for more than one RS232 port.