[aklug] Wireless Equipment

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Sat Jul 18 2009 - 11:51:53 AKDT

A project I'm working on needed an external wireless connection. No space in the system to add a wireless card. The Linksys device I was trying to use didn't work. I think it was broken when I got it. Anyway, I ran over to Frigid North and got a Intellinet wireless Access Point.

This thing is very cool. It's an Access point, bridge, client, and it even does PoE if you need it. I'm love with this device. It comes with a CD but the only thing on it is documentation. That's right, no stupid windows configuration software. At the moment I give this thing 5 out of 5 stars.

This isn't really Linux related but it will work with your Linux systems. This will be attached to a Linux Terminal Server so I don't have to run cable for internet access.