[aklug] ACS <-> ACS VoIP Problems making me crazy crazy.

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 14:33:24 AKDT

My last resort will be IAX2 + Speex.. but for now I ask the jury.. What t=
he heck is going on with my ACS services. I have a BXB in Fairbanks
and Anchorage and ACS DSL in Wasilla. Fairbanks and Wasilla have several=
 VoIP phones each. Usually only one g.729a call at a time.
Generally only 20msec of audio is sent per packet per channel. Even with=
 no site transfering data or browsing the web, I get calls that seem to
have packet out of order or queueud packets. Wherein 20msec is sent per =
packet.. there seems to be a short burst of packets instead of a fluid
stream. Audio wise it seems like the playback is constantly trying to ca=
tch up with either buffered or lost packets. I need to do lower level
diagnosticts.

I'm asking AKLUG because we have some ACS exposure here, are packets bein=
g filtered like crazy all of a sudden? Is there anything going on with
BXB and commercial DSL accounts that I need to be aware of?

- Shane

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature