[aklug] Re: Samba and OSX

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 08:46:51 AKDT

That was one reason I ran AFP, smb, and nfs; the overhead from the
daemons was minimal as compared to simplifying access from different
platforms....

Even ms os required refreshing once upon a time, and that is a
different ball of wax from remounting.... But you certainly are right
that for today that is unacceptable.....

Seems to me this was a known bug that was supposedly fixed like 5
years ago.... Did you check that history and turn up debug on your
daemons??