[aklug] Re: Samba and OSX

From: Kevin Browning <psksb1@uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 07:32:52 AKDT

I have OS X servers that run AFP and SMB because OS X clients have issues when connecting to the SMB shares, even if its an OS X server. I have also found that Apple support isn't much help either, most of the time they don't know how to solve the issues I have so they tell me to reinstall the entire system, which of course you really can't do on a live system. So I usually try to find work arounds hence running AFP and SMB in a mix environment, which has its own problems.

Kevin