[aklug] Samba and OSX

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 13:16:40 AKDT

I'm still working through these particular problems by googling and
such, but thought I'd just throw this out there in case anyone has had
a similar experience.

Problem 1: Ubuntu 7.10

When using OSX on against a linux samba server (usb, vfat mounted
drive), I have trouble writing to directories that are in the share.

It seems to let me do some writing, but then I get errors.

Problem 2: Ubuntu 9.04

OSX client connected to linux samba server, when other machines place
files in the share, the OSX machine doesn't see them unless the share
is ejected then remounted.

Like I said, I'm still trying to search the web and what not, but
looking for someone that regularly uses OSX against a linux samba
server.

Mike B.