[aklug] Re: Firewall

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 16:07:50 AKDT

On Mon, 11 May 2009, captgoodnight captgoodnight wrote:

> Dig into iptables, stay away from graphical front ends until you understand the under current syntax, thus improving your understanding of tcp/ip and iptables...

Amen. I use firewalls on every box/laptop without exception. Are you going
to trust that no one's going to break into your wireless network at home?
Are you going to trust that the spouse's Win/Mac box isn't going to get
trojaned? Are you going to run wide open on a public hot spot?

Play it safe and treat all networks as hostile. Assume that your borders
will be breached because they will. Eventually.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die