[aklug] Re: Firewall

From: <bryanm@acsalaska.net>
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 23:38:20 AKDT

On Mon, May 11, 2009 3:04 pm, Christopher Howard wrote:

> Question: What programs do you guys use for firewalls on your PCs?

The others are right: if you want to understand what's going on
(which I'm sure you do), learn how iptables works.

There are tutorials and such out there, but there's one particular
resource I found especially handy. The script on this page:
  http://easyfwgen.morizot.net/gen/
will ask you questions and generate an iptables config file for
your situation.

Naturally, you should read through it before using it (I did find
one small bug in mine), but doing so will give you a directed and
practical way to learn how iptables works.

--
Bryan Medsker
bryanm@acsalaska.net