[aklug] Re: What certifications should one have?

From: Jenkinson, John P (SAIC) <John.Jenkinson@bp.com>
Date: Fri May 01 2009 - 11:38:39 AKDT

I'm biased
BUT=20
I learned a LOT with the SANS/GIAC security certifications.
http://sans.org
Used to be you had to write an original research paper and
take a test to get certified. Now you take a proctored test
and write the paper if you want to get a gold certificate.
The courses are pricey, but the material is worth it.
I'd recommend taking the courses via sans@home or self study.
Taking courses at a conference is intense.
=20