[aklug] Re: Backups

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 08:05:39 AKDT

On Thursday 30 April 2009, adam bultman said something like:
> and bacula appears to be a huge pain in the keister to set up,
> which is bad if I ever quit, get hit by a bus, or have my fingers
> smashed.

It can be, yes. But the docs and example configs are getting much
better. And once you have your system set up, it's very easy to add
new clients and the like by referencing the current setup.

Also, there are helpers now: There is a Bacula GUI, as well as a Bacula
Webmin plugin that would ease configuration.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE