[aklug] Gmail and jabber

From: Kevin Browning <psksb1@uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Wed Apr 29 2009 - 23:18:15 AKDT

I have an Xserve running 10.5 with ichat services running. Behind the scenes its really just a jabber server and I have windows machines using Spark and Pidgin and Macs running ichat. We are able to federate with google talk and add gmail users to our buddy lists. Of course MSN Messenger, AIM aren't using jabber so they don't communicate nicely.

Kevin Browning

> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:55:58 -0800
> From: choward@indicium.us
> Subject: [aklug] Gmail and jabber
> To: aklug@aklug.org

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.