[aklug] Re: Gmail and jabber

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 06:35:10 AKDT

Yup! If you setup a jabber server it will talk to people on google. I haven't used mine in a while but it works. You have to make sure DNS SRV records are configured. If not, no talking to anyone else but local users.

I'm currently using ejabberd but I want openfire... If I remember correctly it had more options.