[aklug] Upgrading Ubuntu 8.10 to Ubuntu 9.04

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Mon Apr 27 2009 - 07:56:58 AKDT

I was going to update my workstation running Intrepid last night. Clicked on the update manager icon in the upper right corner. It was begging me update. At the top of the update manager was a button for upgrading to Jaunty or 9.04. I couldn't resist. I clicked it.

1. A few suggestions and warnings were given.
2. It started downloading software packages
3. Installed the new software
4. asked a couple of questions along the way
5. rebooted

My workstation is now running Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope. Slick upgrade...

--
Damien Hull
Linux Ninja