[aklug] wine etc

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 10:06:56 AKDT

Some recent adventures with wine. John P, I would like to know what a
tightly bopund windows app is :-)

Wine with Debian stable is v1.01. I used ver 1.18 from winehq for my
testing after v 1.01 didn't work. The following are energy rating
programs. Akwarm2 is new, requires MS .net, could not get .net to install
in wine. Hot200 runs the Akwarm stuff does not. Wine seems pretty flaky
to me, I mean does it really work ? :-) The best supported app seems to
be setup.exe, the apps do not work though.

http://www.winehq.org/download
http://www.ahfc.state.ak.us/reference/akwarm.cfm
http://analysisnorth.com/AkWarm/AkWarm2download.html
http://canmetenergy-canmetenergie.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/eng/software_tools/hot2000.html