[aklug] Re: UUIDs

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 13:01:12 AKDT

> Arthur Corliss wrote:
>
> Good stuff, here, Shane! If you're running LVM you don't need UUID,
> anyway,
> since the LVM layer provides a stable naming convention regardless of what
> the backend PVs are.
>
> :-) LVMs are good stuff, and I wouldn't want to manage storage without it.

Bah, you're just happy I bottom posted. But you're right. You rarely
need UUID when you have a bunch of UUID checked volumes forming a name
on your behalf. I can see lots of cases where this would be as
problematic as using dev names, but for the most part you don't need to
worry about what device on what bus on what computer contains your
filesystem when you are using LVM correctly.

That said, I'm looking for debian beta testers and input on my snaproot
project. I've set up some debs but it needs input and love before I
continue with what some would deduce as insanity. If you're interested,
start a thread.

Shane

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature