[aklug] Re: Java Question - Jin

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Wed Apr 01 2009 - 00:08:55 AKDT

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Marc Grober wrote:

> You need to set your environment to source the correct
> files.... This can often be a headache.... You have a PATH
> that provides locations for your OS to look for java, and it
> is picking the first it is coming across... which
> apparently is not the one you want....
> So you can use the full path to the executable in the
> script, change your PATH, etc (myriad number of ways to
> point your app at the correct files....

Thanks everyone. I found out that /usr/bin/java points to
/etc/alternatives/java, which pointed to the gjc Java. Since Jin is the
only application I've ever used that couldn't figure out by itself where
the correct Java version is installed, I just changed the Jin's startup
script to point to the Sun Java.

--
Christopher Howard
http://indicium.us