[aklug] Re: PDFwriter for Windows

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 14:19:45 AKDT

Ahhhh..... you mean Windoze, not windows - LOL
Mike, without going into the niceties of the licensing I
have used http://www.pdf995.com/ (which I think much like
cute just allows you to create a pipe that masquerades as a
printer in windoze), as well as the usual unix suspects.....

I did up a list for my Moodle students somewhere that has a
list of all the free and almost free tools to do this, but
can't put my fingers on it at the moment, and can tell you
that they all pretty much were samo-samo

I have to agree that OOo is the way to go.... now if we
could only get Microsoft Office off the desktop ;=}

barsalou wrote:
> Anyone have suggestions on a FOSS PDFWriter that can be used in windows?
>
> I've taken a look at CutePDF and this will probably work, however, I
> wanted to see what other folks might be using and how they like it.
>
> CutePDF acts as a printer driver.
>
> Mike B.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s