[aklug] Re: Ghosting a set up.

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Thu Mar 19 2009 - 14:56:06 AKDT

If the partitions aren't the same size (if destination is infact smaller
than the source) then that would cause mass data hosing. If he adds
swap to his other drive then that brings his 40 gigs down to at least
39.5 gigs.
Stay tuned for another email from me on this.

jonr@destar.net wrote:
> Quoting "Scott Carnahan" <scott@ravenmoonart.com>:
>
>> No, I was going ot leave it as is. I can if I need to, but don't have =20
>> to do so.
>>
>> oh! some one said just use "dd". What is "dd"?
>>
>> Scott
>
> dd = Doctor Doom!!!!
>
> man dd -
>
> DD(1) User Commands DD(1)
>
> NAME
> dd - convert and copy a file
>
> SYNOPSIS
> dd [OPERAND]...
> dd OPTION
>
> DESCRIPTION
> Copy a file, converting and formatting according to the operands.

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature