[aklug] Re: Win XP to Lin XP

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Thu Mar 19 2009 - 12:46:45 AKDT

jonr@destar.net wrote:
> Quoting "Larry Collier" <larry@medease.com>:
>
>> On Thursday 19 March 2009 12:14:07 barsalou wrote:
>>> Quoting jonr@destar.net:

>>> It's not April 1st yet, but this site doesn't allow me access the
>>> download or the buy option from Firefox.
>>>
>>> Can anyone else get a download on this?
>>>
> Found it on the russian site.
>
> ftp://downloads.linux-xp.com/pub/linux-xp/desktop/2008/international/

It's been around for a while. Noticed on the web site they say:

"After a trial period of 30 day's you must register if you want to
continue to work with system. You can get the Linux XP Desktop license
and coupons on paid technical support in ours Internet-shops."

So are they GPL compliant or are they breaking the rules?

...Kevin

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska