[aklug] Re: Open source templates/CMS testimonies

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 10:34:52 AKST

I think that CiviCRM on top of Drupal makes for a great core
website. There are folks around who have used this
combination that can help and there is pretty good
documentation. I am an old perl hand myself, but I think
you will not only have it easier working with php based CMS,
they will be easier to pass on
Christopher Howard wrote:
> Hi. I'm the webmaster for my church. I need to remake the church website
> because of some bad mistakes I made the first time. Unfortunately, I made
> the first one look pretty nice, so now everyone expects the remake to look
> really nice too (and I don't really have time now for the graphics design
> and all that).
>
> Any suggestions or personal experiences you'd like to share regarding open
> source website templates or open source CMS? I can make a very basic Perl
> CGI framework if needed, but I haven't done much web-design for over a
> year now.
>
> And I don't have root access to the hosting server.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature