[aklug] Re: Key Signing Party OMG!

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Thu Feb 12 2009 - 15:15:44 AKST

James Tweet wrote:
> Ok, here is a dumb question. What do we need these keys for anyway?

I suppose you don't need them. However a web of trust helps all of us
validate messages and encrypted data based on how trusted an individual is.

Cory Doctorow has a good book on this very topic :) I ran into it
recently and figured it would be a good starting point for anybody
interested in GPG but not quite paranoid enough to give it a go.

It's a free e-book, and a quick read if you have nothing to do.

http://craphound.com/littlebrother/ ->
http://craphound.com/littlebrother/download/

Somebody else in the group may have a shorter/sweeter answer to this..
But I don't.

Shane

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature