[aklug] upgrades

From: <allan.shayer@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 22:01:14 AKST

I recently upgraded ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04.1 via upgrade tool via dsl
connection-went fine

Several months ago I upgraded suse 10.2 to 10.3 via upgrade install
option on 10.3 disk-went fine and ended up with working OS for Suse10.2,
10.3 and win xp on same computer, multiple hard drives. It was kept it
that way for several months until several recent installs to experiment
with more recent versions of ubuntu and suse, usually with muti OS
including win xp. After upgrades and installing Linux after xp the Grub
boot manager menu usually needs editing to make wording of menu options
more accurate.

Usually I'd rather wipe out the OS and start from scratch for peace of
mind that there are no problems from the upgrade, or left over software
that could confuse me.

I am a reader but very seldom contributor to this newsgroup. I have
learned from the other contributors in the past. Thanks.

Allan