[aklug] Re: Run Boot-Time Scripts in Parallel in Ubuntu

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 14:44:19 AKST

I started to look into this for my laptop running Fedora 10, but I think
10 is already making us of this. I now it boots considerably faster than
it did running 8.

After reading this article on Linux.com, I opted not to push things.

http://www.linux.com/feature/53613

Apparently there is a potential issue with this technique in that it's
possible that a process that a subsequently initiated process in the
start-up que depends on isn't finished starting yet and can throw the
entire boot process out of whack.

Just some food for thought before one goes running off half cocked.

Jim G