[aklug] Ubuntu 8.04.2 Released

From: David Prentice <ak.prentice@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jan 22 2009 - 15:02:51 AKST

For those supporting Ubuntu and using the LTS, the .2 update for 8.04
looks pretty nice. It ought to save a lot of remastersys headache.
Plus I see from the backports list that some of the hardware that we
were trying to get working back at the installfest is better
supported. I'm recalling someone with a convertable tablet/laptop from
HP that we got Mint working splendidly on but didn't master the wacom
tablet or the tilt mode on the display. Well, looks like 8.04.2
handles both of those. Which means that everything ought to be
available for that Mint install by opening backports and proposed, if
not by default.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyReleaseNotes/ChangeSummary/8.04.2