[aklug] Re: Icecast server

From: bdk <bdk@thirdmason.com>
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 17:49:00 AKST

I was using Joomla with a podcast plugin that allows people to subscribe
to the my pastor's sermon (GodCast) and a seperate feed if they wanted
to listen to the whole service. A feature of the podcast plugin was a
flash player that allowed streaming on demand, no seperate streaming
server needed. The files were stored and downloaded as mp3s, I'm not
sure if they were streamed in flash as mp3s or if flash has it's own
codec for audio. I'm in the process of getting things set back up again
as our previous hosting company "lost" our dbase and most of our files.
It worked really well for members that could not attend regularly due to
working on the slope and in the fishing industry. They were all able to
listen at their leisure.

-Sean