[aklug] Re: Regarding Usenet

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Tue Dec 30 2008 - 17:37:27 AKST

Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 December 2008, James Zuelow said something like:
>> As a result some ISPs (ACS for example) no longer provide
>> usenet feeds to their customers.
>
> Actually, ACS's Usenet feed is active again. I got a message from
> my "Usenet outage" ticket I filed a while back, and their server is
> once again active. Doesn't seem to be pulling all groups, but they are
> serving at least some of the Usenet.

That's great news. I was about a half inch from switching to GCI. Only
thing that was slowing me down was the email address hassle; updating
all the mailing lists I'm on, notifying friends/fmaily, etc.

I emailed support, but never heard back. Guess I didn't bribe the right
engineer. ;-)

...Kevin

--
Kevin Miller