[aklug] Re: Regarding Usenet

From: James Tweet <jamestweet@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Dec 30 2008 - 12:44:13 AKST

There are still a lot of groups that are active. People post MP3s, movies, books. One of my favorite groups is alt.binaries.e-book.technical.

I use PAN for my news reader. PAN is easy to setup and use. Basically you configure the server settings. Download the groups list. Subscribe to whatever groups you want in the groups list. Then retrieve the headers for the subscribed groups. Next you download the attachments from the headers you want.

There are also web sites that offer a search for binaries uploaded to Usenet.
http://www.binsearch.info/