[aklug] Re: Linux Installfest

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 12:58:52 AKST

Quoting Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>:

> Anything notable happen? How was attendance? And did you really
> close up at 4pm sharp? :-)
>
> I had an engagement party to attend, couldn't make it.
>
> Royce
>
> Jim MacDonald wrote, on 12/13/2008 8:56 PM:
>> Photos from the installfest.
>> http://picasaweb.google.com/os2mac/AKLUGInstallfest#

Sorry for the late response..I had a billing issue with my e-mail account.

There was a great turnout from the AKLUG group. There were about 10 =20
or so folks ready and willing to help.

The turnout wasn't that great, however. I'm not sure what to =20
attribute that to.

More word of mouth is needed, that's for sure.

It could just be a bad time to do it. Maybe we should try again about =20
a month before school lets out for the summer.

I'm open to ideas.

We did get two new subscribers, however.

I was happy to see the level of participation that we had...that is =20
very encouraging.

A gentleman by the name of Jose' had some interesting ideas about =20
starting some classes at the Brother Francis Shelter. So a few of us =20
discussed that a little.

It could have been better but wasn't a bust from my perspective.

Mike B.