[aklug] USB wireless device

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 13:33:25 AKST

Anyone familiar with a Linux friendly USB wireless device? I've got this
old 400MHz laptop running a minimalistic installation of Debian, and
I need to give it wireless capabilities. I was looking for one of those
usb-stick size devices, like the kind I've seen used on Windows boxes.
(Doesn't need to have an external antenna.)

In the process of googling, but I was wondering if any of you had a good
experience with such a device.

(The laptop does have PCMCIA slots, but I'd prefer to avoid dealing with
PCMCIA if at all possible.)

--
Christopher Howard
choward@indicium.us